Thursday, August 28, 2008

don't you know by now?

I had an interesting thought in the wee hours of this morning. Oddly enough, I have my most profound thinking on little sleep.... Ethan had woken up, and as I was changing his diaper, he was growing more and more angry. He cried his little heart out the entire time - paying no mind to the fact that I was working as fast as I could to get that bottom cleaned up! And when I say cry, I mean CRY. He was crying so hard he couldn't catch his breath. His face turned shades of red, then purple, in only a matter of seconds. He was completely disinterested with the diaper change and wanted (and I mean wanted?!) a bottle. We go through this bit of impatience occasionally in these wee hour mornings. And as I was about to fasten the final side of his diaper, I said to him, "Ethan, honey, don't you know by now that your I am going to take care of you? We are seconds away from your bottle, but we have to change this diaper first!" I'm giggling as I'm talking to him... in my best baby talk, mind you. Then moments later, as I was sitting feeding him his bottle (his tears, of course, have immediately vanished!) and I had this thought.... "Kasey, don't you know by now that, I, your Heavenly father am going to take care of you, too?"

12 comments:

Michelle Jamie said...

wow!! this gave me goose bumps!

carissa said...

loved this post!

Lorri said...

"See the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
-Matthew 6:26

You are blessed Kasey as you hear His voice and His truth! Today, 8-28 is one year since I learned that I had cancer. Funny, because you know Romans 8:28? All things...even cancer. And I know you know that! Love, Lorri

The Drama Mama said...

Awwww what a sweet moment! We forget a lot of the times how much HE loves US!!!

Moz + Pam said...

"And a child shall lead them..."

Anonymous said...

My Timmy and your Ethan must be on the same schedule :). I don't think I was quite as bubbly... Thank you for you encouragement and the "mommy moments" that you share.

Lorri said...

Kasey...I spoke of you and linked to your blog on my blog :)

I found you a verse!

Carrie Comstock said...

Good stuff... :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! what a sweet moment!:)

Anonymous said...

what a profound thought. Boy, do we need to be reminded of that! this is the second time this week i have been reminded of this very thing. i guess God wants me to know this in my heart. The Lord wants such great things for us and even more than we want for our own children. such a sereal (sp?) thought. thank you for this post.
michelle from michigan

Anonymous said...

It is when we are at our weakest that He shows us His great strength. "It was then that I carried you."

How awesome that you recognize His working in your lives!

"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong"

Ashley said...

it just brings tears to my eyes. His eye is on the sparrow and we must know that He is watchin gus.