Thank you so much for praying for Ethan's outpatient visit this morning. We waited a couple of hours after his blood was drawn to see if he needed any transfusions. They came back and said his red blood cells and his platelets had gone up, so no transfusion needed! And his white cells (the cancer cells) were very low! This is great news and indicates that this last round of chemo appears to have been effective. We do not go back to check his blood/platelets again until Tuesday, so please be in prayer that over the next several days his good counts continue to rise. His immune system is very low right now, so please also be in prayer that he doesn't get a fever or any type of infection in his system. His spleen felt softer and a little smaller today, which is very good, but we still need it a lot smaller to avoid having to take it out.
Also, I talked to Boston Children's today and they are still in the middle of conducting further testing on the possible donor matches. They have requested additional information from various people, and actually have a person coming in next week for additional testing. I'm not sure if that's the person that the Lord has for Ethan, but I'd love it if he/she were because we need to move forward on this process. Please be in prayer for that person's testing next week and that if that is the person who will aide our son in a miracle, that everything would go smoothly and quickly as their testing is completed. They also informed me that they are also searching for cord blood matches for Ethan. Either a bone marrow or cord blood can be used as a transplant to treat Ethan's cancer, so be in prayer that the best/correct method is chosen for him. I want the most effective, and least traumatic direction chosen for Ethan.
Ethan's case is labled as "urgent", but this is a slow moving process and there is a lot of "waiting"... but I'm so thankful that God is divinely in every step.
We will get re-admitted on Thursday to start Ethan's 4th round of chemo. I'm wondering if it should be delayed a day or so to allow him a break from the "at home" medications before starting chemo again, but I haven't talked to the doctor. Pray for wisdom either way.
As always, and with deepest sincerity, thank you so much for every prayer you bring to the Father on our behalf. You do not know the impact they have on our daily lives.