Tuesday, June 2, 2009

always

I asked an old friend from high school if I could borrow the lyrics to a song that he wrote because it's been extremely encouraging to me... I hope it is likewise encouraging to you!

ALWAYS
-
There’s never always sunshine, never always rain
There’s never always laughter, and never always pain
-
Everything has a season
Everything moves in time
-
But You are always steadfast
You are always.
-
I could not pretend to ever understand
One thing is for sure,
You hold all in Your hand
-
There's summer and there's winter,
Autumn and spring
-
A time to mourn in sorrow,
A time to dance and sing
-
Everthing has a season,
Everything moves in time
-
But You are always faithful.
Because You are always.
-
I could not pretend to ever understand
But one thing is for sure,
You hold all in Your hand.
lyrics and music by Clayton Brooks
-
-
The Lord will guide you always.... Isaiah 58:11
-

2 comments:

Lorri said...

I really like it too, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Kasey,

That song was absolutely perfect for our family today - what a blessing and encouragement after a major disappointment we have had.

Thank you so much for posting it.