Sunday, October 12, 2008

to be continued...

I have so many things that I'd love to bend your ear about. Seriously. My mind stumbles upon various things throughout the day that cause me to immediately think, "I should blog about that!". I suppose I'll save all my trains of thought for other days... but I will say that I've had a change in perspective that has changed the way I view certain things. Things I might not have thought twice about before I was a mom, or a wife... or maybe, things I might not have thought twice about before I saw God differently through my roles as mom and a wife. What do I mean by seeing God differently? Let's back up... I became a Christian at the age of 7. It was a choice that I was excited to make, and I remember most of the details around that decision. However, it has taken years to really understand what that decision meant. That's how it goes though, and there's nothing odd or strange about that. When a baby is growing and developing they have to be taught, they have to learn, and they grow/develop/mature. It's the same process with Christianity. That in itself is not a new concept. What has been a new concept for me is the depth of God Himself. You don't walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death without being changed. Simply stated, you're either changed for the better, or your changed for the worse. But if you can hang on... if you can walk through the shadows, through the valley, not knowing where your foot is going to land, but being willing to trust that there is a River of Life on the other side... and that each step you take is bringing you one step closer to it... then through your steps, through your journey, you will see a glimpse of the depth of God.

And if you're really looking, you'll see more than a glimpse.

You'll see an unconditional love that you can't explain or earn. You'll see a power that goes beyond our own abilities or anyone else's. You'll see that faith goes beyond reasoning or understanding. You'll see peace that goes beyond pain. And you'll see that it's all available to you.

It's a choice.

Pure and simple.

To either believe, or not.

If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, then it's a choice to take a step of faith and believe in Him and trust Him with your life. If you are already a believer, then it's a choice to believe Him and likewise trust Him with your life.

If you do... He will... all of it.
If you don't... you're left to fight this battle of "life" on your own, without the proper armor that you need.

It's as simple and as difficult as that.

And I'm not talking about "church" or "religion". I'm talking about the Lord. The One and Only. Who spared my son's life for a purpose bigger than I even know. But Who, even if He hadn't, would still have my love and admiration because I know such a result would have been necessary for the growth/development/maturity in my life or someone else's, resulting in His perfect plan for us to see and understand another dimension of who He is.

Much more to say.... but so little time tonight.

To be continued...



3 comments:

Liz said...

i'm looking forward to the rest of this post! you have such a way with words. =)

Hope said...

I wanted to let you know what a wonderful job you're doing with sweet Ethan. You are truly an inspiration. Ethan is in my prayers. God has given you an amazing gift - the ability to move people with words. I truly believe that if He takes you to it, He will take you through it.

My own mother walked in your shoes many years ago. She was told her child had a rare cancer and no chance of beating it, as there were not many treatment options for Stage IV Neuroblastoma 25 years ago. I'm sitting here writting you as proof that God does give miracles.

I have faith that Ethan will beat this.

Hope

Anonymous said...

I praise the Lord for your testimony, that you continue to share with us. So many people have a "religion" but not that beautiful relationship that you speak of - thank you. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts and will be praying that God will continue to work through your life to glorify Him. Love and prayers, Sara R.