Friday, October 24, 2008

baby kevy

I wanted to start this post by sharing an update on baby Kevelyn, who I've mentioned here before (you can click on the link found on the right hand side of my blog, towards the bottom, to be introduced to her story). I spoke with her foster mom, Hope Feliciano, recently and she shared with me how the struggles have continued to increase for this precious little girl. Kevelyn (Kevy for short) is still in the fight for her life, even as I type this to you. She has been re-admitted back to the local Children's Hospital due to complications that would break your heart. To date, she is still not on the donor list for her need of a liver and bowel transplant. Hope has asked for specific prayer that this would happen in the next 2 weeks. Kevy is 18 months old, and without these two transplants, she will not survive. After her name is added to the donor list, it could still take months before a transplant is available, however, getting her on that list is crucial at this point. And as she waits, her health continues to decline. All of the steps involved in her care are so detailed, involved, and just plain messy and heartbreaking, that I would also ask for your continued prayers for the Feliciano family. They are hoping to be able to adopt Kevy once the paperwork settles, however, I can only imagine that with 2 kids in college, one in high school, one in first grade, and one other sweetheart that's not yet of school age, how full the hands of this family are.... and yet, also how the love of the Lord must be shining through them as they all pull together for the sake of this little girl who needs them very much. To hear Hope talk about Kevy, she is such a happy toddler. Life has been unkind to her, yet she shines in a way that people can't help but fall in love with her.

Ya know, I had intended to share some things that have been on my mind lately, but I've changed my mind... I think I'll wait. I'd rather not take away from the needs of this family and especially this little girl. She is in need of much healing... and this family much strength... and I know, I know, all of it is possible... if God's people pray.

Matthew 18:19-20... Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for Kevy. Thank you for sharing her story, along side of Ethan's story. We will continue to pray for the specific requests of both your families.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kasey, for your kind words to another family, when you have so much of your own to deal with. That just shows how wonderful and selfless that you are. Thank the Lord for you dear and I will be praying for sweet Kevy. Audrey

Elyse said...

Praying for baby Kevy! Like anon said, it is good of you to post this along side Ethan's story. Praying now!
~Elyse~

Hope said...

I'm praying for Kevy. Thank you for sharing her story. I cannot imagine what this family is feeling.