Wednesday, August 12, 2009

**UPDATED AUGUST 24, 2012** - this blog is now several years old, and thankfully Ethan has been fully healed of his JMML leukemia diagnosis. 2008 into 2009 was a rough year, but we survived it, and you would never know, looking at Ethan today, that he was EVER a sick baby. He has been in full remission since his bone marrow/cord blood transplant in 2008 and still going strong. I've left the contents of this blog open for those of you who may encounter the same news that makes your world stand still. If that's you, then find hope, strength and faith within these blog entries. We got about the worst news you can get with a leukemia diagnosis. Less than 20% chance of survival. And only a 50/50 chance with a successful course of treatment. Most of his treatment was "trial and error" and clinical trials.... so trust me, we heard it all. BUT through God's grace, we overcame it all too.

Please find encouragement through my raw emotions, details, and all of the experiences we faced, and know that you're not alone! And to make it easier for you, scroll down and look on the right side of the blog for the "previous posts" section and start from the beginning (April 2008). And if you let me know about your own journey, I promise to pray for you/your family to have the same miracle we have had: kasey_krawiec (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Do not lose hope. It seems like a mountain that is incapable of being climbed. But you can do it. I promise. One step at a time. One day at a time. God's strength truly is enough.

______________________________________________________


August 12, 2009

We've Moved!

Well... so to speak. I decided to follow the wonderful suggestions I received, and I've started a new blog for our family. You can now find us at http://www.thekrawiecwindow.blogspot.com/

I love Ethan's blog to pieces!! It will forever hold a special place in my heart. And I intend to leave it up so that our journey... our trial... can continue to encourage others as they encounter similar situations in their lives. The message of God's grace and hope is the story of Ethan's Journey. And that story will forever live on and become a part of Ethan's (and our) testimony. But I've been inspired to start a new chapter in our "story".

Thus, a new blog was born.

As you may know, today is the one year anniversary of Ethan's bone marrow (aka: cord blood transplant). So much was endured at this time last year. For Ethan and for our family. I remember it full well. But so much has been gained as well. What a year! Ethan embodies the word "miracle" more than anything I've ever experienced before in my life. Truly Amazing.

One year ago, he had no hair (thanks to the chemo), was on about a thousand medications that were rough on his little 9 month old body, not to mention the radiation, more chemo, stuck in a hospital bed for months on end... and the list goes on... BUT today... one year later.... He's just had his first official hair cut, he's walking and babbling all of the time (he's louder than any other kid I know, as a matter of fact!), he's 5 MONTHS away from his 2nd birthday, down to only ONE medication, and he's both impatient and adorable as they come! Not to mention the picture of health!

So as you can imagine, we're celebrating today. Amazed at God today. And thanking Him for all of you today! Your prayers and encouragement leave me humbled EVERY single time I reflect on it all. I don't know that I could have maintained the faith I desired to have, without your support along the way. God used you in more ways that you know. Even if we've never met, written to each other, or if I've never directly heard from you. He used you still. Every prayer spoken on our behalf, whether it was once, or one hundred. THANK YOU. I owe you more than I could repay.

I owe Him more than I could repay.... Thankfully, He already knew that.

Use this blog however the Lord leads, if He leads at all. I know many parents get the shock of their lives, immediately and unexpectedly. Too many, in fact. We've been there. And as I'm typing this, I'm praying that God would use Ethan's Journey in ways that would bring comfort to the hurting... just as we were comforted.

Ethan: One year in remission - and counting!

-
____________________
Because of Christ...
there is beauty for ashes
strength for fear
gladness for mourning
hope for despair
__________________




Psalm 31:24
Be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.
-

Psalm 33: 20-22
Our soul waits for the LORD;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You.
-
-
You can now find us here: www.thekrawiecwindow.blogspot.com
-

2 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

I can't wait to see what your future holds and how Ethan will go on to touch many {MORE} lives with his story! You & Adam should be VERY proud parents...you guys are amazing! Love you, girl!

Lindsay said...

That is so awesome - congrats to you all!