Sunday, January 4, 2009

update

Ethan's potassium and sodium levels came back wonderful on Friday! We are soooo thankful to the Lord for that blessing! We go back tomorrow morning to have everything checked again and if all is well, he will not have to go back to the doctor until the 20th. It's truly miraculous how well he continues to do. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for praying for our little boy.

We're still struggling with the eating, but I'm holding out hope...

Adam is doing much better as well. His surgeon mentioned last week that he should be a bit more aggressive with his physical therapy, which was a good indicator that he's healing well overall. He still lacks some movement and all the feeling in his index finger, but we know it will just take time.

I hope your new year has had a good start so far! I try not to put too much expectation into things (which can sometimes lead to my being a "glass half empty" kind of gal, but I'm working on it!), but regardless I always have the desire and the hope for things to be good, and the overall understanding that the Lord knows it all.

So...

I'm going to try to live in the moment this year. I often don't. Too busy looking ahead, or looking behind. But I'm learning that there is so much happening right now that is special, unique or even uneventfully lovely. And I want to absorb it all. Taking none of it for granted. Being grateful to God for all His gifts of blessings and His love. That has struck me lately. Taking nothing for granted. In my prayer last night I tearfully thanked God for the opportunity to be Adam's wife and Ethan's mom. And I begged for that opportunity to be continued one more day, one more week, one more month, one more year. And every night I intend to ask Him the same thing. I'm so thankful for my life and I'm not ready to miss out on any of it. I've been struggling with fears and worries about so many things.... my health, Adam's health, accidents, more unexpected trials that are hiding around the corner.... and the only way I know how to counteract those feelings is to be thankful for each day that happened to be perfectly normal. No need for glitz and glamour. Just splendidly normal is fine with me. And ya know, I've had a pretty bad headache all day, but I woke up today with another opportunity to be fully engaged as Adam's wife and Ethan's mom. And when I look at it that way, it was a wonderful day.

Seeking Him this year.

Thanking Him this year.


But seek first the kingdom of God
and His righteousness,
and all these things
shall be added to you.
Matthew 6:33

1 comment:

Natalie Ezelle said...

Kasey, I loved reading your comments today- "live in the moment." And I love your prayer of thanfulness for being Adam's wife and Ethan's mom. You know, I need to incorporate that daily into my prayers- thankful to be Dani's wife (and I am just that so thankful.) And thankful for what God is doing in our lives now and leave the future in his hands. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. It is truly a blessing.

Love,
Nat