Tuesday, November 18, 2008

just a small thought for the day


Earlier this month, Adam and I took Ethan to his first soccer game. It was a nice time for the three of us to get out and do something together - which is extremely rare since Ethan can't be in public places, however he can be outside! So we bundled him up (it's chilly up here in the north east! And we had a good time watching him, watch all that was going on around him! Oh and yes... that is a Boston Red Sox hat he's wearing. Gotta start 'em young!
-
That's not all I wanted to share with you today, though. As I was thinking more this morning about how there are so many of us who struggle and suffer in a variety of ways, for a variety of reasons, I noticed this Scripture verse happened to be on my calendar for today...
-
2 Corinthians 4:17 - For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory...
-
And I don't believe that the words "light affliction" are intended to downplay the difficulty of the weight we sometimes have to bear in this life. I take it to mean that, in the end, what we've had to endure will be considered worth it. We will come to a point where we can honestly say... my affliction was "light", compared to the abundance of the Lord's graciousness. Our affliction isn't without purpose. And in due time, God will bring us into incredible blessing and restoration. Either this side of Heaven, or once we get there. Or maybe...both.
-
Don't lose hope.

No comments: