- I didn't want Ethan's spleen to have to be removed - it wasn't.
- I asked that he'd not get painful side effects and sores - he didn't.
- I didn't want him to have to have a feeding tube - he hasn't.
- I didn't want him to need to go to ICU for any part of the transplant or recovery - he hasn't.
- I asked for the time/the weeks to go by fast - they have.
And the list truly goes on and on....
And I know the answered prayers will continue.
- I'm asking that Ethan's rash go away - I know it will.
- I've asked that we be able to go home soon - I know we will.
- I've asked for healing and protection in Ethan's body - I know it's being done.
- I've asked for restoration - I know it's coming.
- I've asked for a miracle.... I know it's happening.
previous post earlier this morning:
Well... the bad mood of Tuesday, now goes by the name, the bad mood of Wednesday. But I'm too tired to go into detail as to why. Other than to say I feel like the walls in this hospital room are starting to close in on me. But I digress... my purpose of getting online this morning was simply ask a favor of you....
Please be in prayer for Ethan today. He has a rash that's been brewing for several days, but it's now more "full blown". They aren't sure the cause of the rash, and believe that there are 2 separate rashes from 2 separate things. Maybe a reaction to one of his medications, maybe a yeast rash, maybe signs of graft-versus-host-disease.... but one thing is for sure.... it's very itchy for Ethan. He rubs his feet together extremely fast or rubs them on me or the bed to try and get relief. He scratches his legs and his neck all the time. Ointments and lotions that we've tried have not been working. Benadryl helps a little, but he can only get that every 6 hours. Needless to say, this discomfort greatly affected his ability to settle and sleep last night.... as well as mine. I hate to see him struggling for relief, so please pray that we can get a handle on what's causing the rash so that we can know how to treat it... mainly so he's not so uncomfortable. Everything we've tried so far has not been working.