Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Small Update

Thank you all for praying for Ethan's outpatient visit yesterday. The oncologist and I discussed what the treatment plan would be for Ethan if he did in fact have his spleen partially removed. Going through the spleen surgery would delay his cord blood transplant by a few weeks... with that in mind, they will start Ethan on a very low dose of chemotherapy (that we'd give him here at home through his central line) to sustain him and keep his cancer under control. If the decision is made NOT to remove his spleen, then there'd be no further treatment as we could move on with the cord blood transplant without delay. The surgeon and tumor board of specialists are meeting today to discuss the pros and cons of Ethan undergoing a partial spleen removal surgery. I continue to ask for your prayer for wisdom and God's moving during their conversation. I pray that they spend enough time talking about our little boy and that they are very thoughtful and concise in their decision-making. We are leaving the outcome - the final decision - in the Lord's hands and are confident that the answer they come up with today will be of God's leading. Please pray in that same way with us today. I will update you as soon as I know more, but it may not be until tomorrow. Thank you for being with us in this. Thank you so very much....

6 comments:

Kylee said...

I'm praying right for the meeting that will take place today. Praying that the doctors will FULLY discuss ALL the pros and cons. And praying for you and your husband as you make the final decision. Thanks for the update.
~Kylee (Dallas, Tx)

jenniferbennett said...

Still praying...

Carrie Comstock said...

Standing with you in prayer...

Megan said...

We are praying and won't stop!!!!!

elizabeth said...

still praying for all three of you...

Hollie said...

Praying for everyone involved in this process. Praying that you and Adam feel peace with the final decision as well!