Wednesday, July 30, 2008

one step closer

I have had a train of thought streaming through my mind for the past several days. I'm contemplating so much as we gear up for this next leg of our marathon... I'm not quite ready to put it all out there yet, as I'm learning more and more about what the Lord is showing me and I really just need time to be quiet and be still so I can take it all in. So far this week, such a time to myself hasn't been available. However, after today, the next couple of days should allow me a moment to reflect. Just be warned, though, that when I start typing all that's been on my mind lately, I might not be able to stop (aka: it could be a long one!).

In the meantime, please be in prayer for us today. We will be leaving for Boston in one hour (6 AM eastern time) and we will be there most of the day. Today we learn/discuss what treatment plan will be used for Ethan over the next several weeks and months. Please be in prayer that the discussion is productive and that we feel we have all of our questions answered. Please pray that the doctor has the wisdom she will need as she determines the best & appropriate steps for our little boy. Pray that Ethan is content as we try to get a lot done while we are there. Please also pray for a safe trip!

Thank you for your prayers for the tests and exams he's had to endure the last few days. Some were annoying to him, but for the most part he did such a great job with each one. I am so very, very proud to call him mine. All of the tests, so far, have come back just fine. They are really meant to serve as a baseline to compare to down the road as some of the medications Ethan will be on could cause complications with his hearing/vision/heart/kidneys/lungs. So these tests will allow them to see what each area was like before his transplant. As a side note, I remember my early weeks of prayer over Ethan's little body when he was first born, were specifically over his ears, eyes, lungs, heart, brain and his organs... and I didn't even know he was sick with ANY disease... so I am not worried that those areas will be impacted negatively as I truly believe those prayers were not in vain!

After today, there are only 4 full days before we leave for Boston for Ethan's admission and treatment process... thank you in advance for going with us in prayer.

Psalm 121:1-2
I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.

6 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

praying right now and all throughout the day! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Dear family, trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing...

I believe that in the end your family is meant to be a great testimony.

STAND FIRM IN FAITH - DO NOT WAVER

Our prayers are with you since we have accidentally found out the news about your son in the early AM hours of today.

Moz + Pam said...

Our prayers go with you! Trust all will go well!

LAURIE said...

Our church prayer warriors are praying for you today. What seems impossible is POSSIBLE with God! -Blessings, Laurie

Megan said...

Many prayers your way. You all will be in our thoughts and prayers daily.
God Bless!
Megan

Carrie Comstock said...

"As a side note, I remember my early weeks of prayer over Ethan's little body when he was first born, were specifically over his ears, eyes, lungs, heart, brain and his organs... and I didn't even know he was sick with ANY disease... so I am not worried that those areas will be impacted negatively as I truly believe those prayers were not in vain!"

Amen, sister. They were NOT in vain.
Love,
Carrie