I do have some updates for you and some new prayer requests:
- Ethan did not show any other side effects, aside from his whole rear end situation - and as of last night his little caboose looked sooooo much better (if not completely back to normal)! Thank you so much for praying for those things. No matter what Adam and I have to endure throughout this situation, we just do not want Ethan to suffer with any type of pain. And this time around with chemo proved to cause him no pain or suffering like it did the first time. NO mouth sores, NO swollen eyes, and NO other negative "surprises"! Thank you for your fervent prayers in that matter, and thank you, Lord for answering those prayers and protecting Ethan from pain/harm.
- Ethan has started spitting up more than usual - he normally doesn't spit up at all. It's always around when he's eating, so he could just be eating more than he really has room for, but be in prayer that it's nothing more serious.
- We recently found out that there is an allotted amount of money that is set aside for the bone marrow search (not the actual transplant, just the "search"), and if the costs of the search should end up being more than the money that is allotted to pay for it, then the difference is owed by the family. The more complicated the search, the more money it costs. Please be in prayer that the cost of the bone marrow search does not exceed the allotted amount that's been established to pay for it.
- Be in prayer for us as we go to Boston this week for our consultation. We're not sure the exact day we're leaving, but they've confirmed it will be this week. We've been advised that we will get A LOT of information during this first visit and that most of it will consist of "worst case scenario" situations in regards to Ethan and the transplant. Ethan will be going with us so they can examine him. This will be a very long day, so please be in prayer that Ethan adjusts well to life in his stroller or our laps for the day. Pray he is not extra irritable so that we can focus on what the doctors tell us, and pray that he's able to sleep and/or be content in the stroller and/or car seat for however long we need him to be.
- Also, in regard to our Boston trip, please pray that Adam and I have the clarity we need to ask all the right questions and gain the much needed understanding of everything that will take place. This may be the one time we have the full attention of the doctors in Boston until transplant, so I want us to take advantage of that in all ways possible.
- Ethan and I go back to the hospital for an Outpatient Visit tomorrow morning. Please pray that his blood counts are good and we are able to come back home - as opposed to being re-admitted. Also pray that Ethan continues to take his medication well while we are at home.
I know this is a lot of information, but I know you are praying and I appreciate you allowing me the opportunity to give specific requests. If you could say a prayer for me as well, I'd be grateful. I'm feeling especially run down lately, and I need to bounce back.